One of my favorite things my Grammy makes is her Sweet Potato and Apples casserole. She makes it for holidays with me in mind. Easter was no exception today! I loved it and scarfed down multiple servings. I even scaled down the ham and other items on my plate to assure I would have enough of an appetite!
I've made it myself but somehow hers is sweeter and more syrupy and wonderful. Must be the grandma love. Here is the recipe!!
Grammy's Sweet Potatoes and Apples
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp corn starch
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
5 apples (peeled, cored and cut into wedges)
4-5 sweet potatoes, parboiled, peeled and sliced
In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water, salt and butter. Cook until thickened. Layer apples and potatoes in a 9X13 dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon between layers. Spoon sauce over casserole. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour
TIP: I add cinnamon to the sauce too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment